Sunday, November 30, 2008

EuroMillions Winner!

The scam letter, with my response


From: "mvcmumbai"
Date: November 29, 2008 8:53:07 PM PST
Subject: N/A
Reply-To: ccsexpress_20@yahoo.com.hk


I hope I replied to the right one. the e-mail came from "mvcmumbai" but I am writing to "ccexpress" -- I hope I do not mess up my chances!

ONLINE NOTIFICATION DEPARTMENT EURO MILLION ONLIINE LOTTERY.
http://www.euromillions.com/


WINNING CONFIRMATION DETAIL
=============================
Lucky Numbers: 13, 11, 64, 88, 40
Bonus Ball Number: 30
Serial number 9987/08
Amount Won: 500.000.00 (EURO)
================================


This is incredible news! Those are the exact numbers I play EVERY TIME!!! Look, I have to admit I don't remember playing the Euro Millions, but maybe I did. My ex-wife says I have a gambling problem. But now I am the lucky one!

What do I do if I cannot find my receipt/ticket? I cannot look through all the little lottery tickets I have bought (100s of them!) just to find the one with serial number 9987/08.

Can I still get the money?

Your email address won 500.000.00 (EURO) in the EURO MILLION LOTTERY END OF YEAR CASH-OUT LOTTERY. To file for your claims, contact our delivery agent Mr Martins Handson with the details below

PAYMENT RELEASE FORM.

Full Names..
Address..
Country...
Age..
Sex..
Occupation..
Telephone..


MODE OF COLLECTION
====================
Via Bank Wire Transfer
---------------------
Via Courier
------------------------


Wait! How do I contact Mr. Martins Hanson??? I want to collect my rightful prize. I do hope you are not lying to me about who to contact and trying to keep the money yourself.

Write back to me soon, okay?

I am so excited!

-- Doc



I am awaiting a response...

If you'd like to be notified by e-mail when a new Scam and Eggs post arrives, please subscribe to my Scam and Eggs newsletter. It's free and confidential. And there are other newsletters (art-related) that you may be interested in.

1 comment:

  1. I am from South -Africa, I have recieved a letter to say that I can get a grant of 500 000 euros and it is not to be paid back, I must pay 507 euros for the leagal fees that I did not do never heard of them again now I got a mail of the euro lotto that I won by my e-mail adress does this poeple never stop

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post a helpful comment.

But, please do not post the full content of similar e-mails you have received. It is appreciated, however, if you post a comment with the name, e-mail and company/address of similar spammers. Thank you!

(Posting full texts of e-mail you receive doesn't help with Google searches, since comments are not included in Google indexes.) If you post the whole e-mail, it will just be deleted when I get around to it. Thanks.

Including links that are not supportive of the content of the post will likely get your comment removed. Spamming will be deleted and reported.